Who is this article for?
Client Administrators who will be able to clear down training all users on the system
Client Managers who will be able to clear down users in groups they are responsible for
What does it mean to "clear down" a user down? - This basically means to completely restart all sections a course for a user. This could be because they completed the course previously and want to complete all sections of the course again.
Can't a user just retake a course whenever they like? - This is correct, a user can go over the Training Modules at any point to refresh their knowledge of course content. If a course contains an Assessment at the end e.g. Agile Working, AssessRite, Coronavirus - Back to Work then a user can retake this at any time too if their circumstances change, however if there is a Test at the end of the modules then they will not be able to retake this unless they are cleared down. The test will always show the latest score from when they last completed it.
We have schedules set to clear training down for a user every XX years. Why has this not happened? - If you are a Client Administrator, you can set Schedules within the Management System to automatically clear users down after a specified period of time. If a user has not been cleared down after this time, it is possible that the user was inactive on the system at the time the schedule went out. You can check this on the View History tab on the users profile. If a user was inactive at the time the Schedule went out then they will have fallen out of the cycle and will need to be manually cleared down and a new Training Notification sent out.
Clearing down users in Management System
1. To clear down a user, please search for them in the Management System under the Users tab. Then select the View Training icon to the right of their name. This will take you to their training timeline showing all courses licenced to their profile.
2. You can use the drop down menu in the top left corner of this page to select the course you wish to clear down
3. Two buttons will then appear Restart Course and Mark Course As Complete (click link to read article about Mark Course As Complete button)
4. Clicking Restart Course will trigger a confirmation message asking if you are happy to restart the course for the user to complete it again. Selecting Yes will complete the request and No will return you to the users training timeline without actioning any changes.
5. Once you have selected Yes, the Training Timeline will display a dotted line with the date it was cleared down above. Selecting the All Training button will display any previously completed training below the dotted line. Each time a course is cleared down this will be separated by the dotted line.
6. Finally, you will be able to send out a new Training Notification to the user to complete the course again and they will be entered into a new scheduled retrain cycle if this is set.
Clearing down users in Reporting System
You can also bulk clear down groups of people via the Reporting System.
1. First go to Reporting System.
2. Select the Training & Assessment Report
3. Select the course you wish to clear down from the Primary Filters - Courses menu
4. Select any relevant Secondary Filter. This will vary depending on which group of people you want to clear the training down for. For the purpose of this article I have selected Department Group.
A filter will appear on the right where you can select your relevant group name:
5. Apply Filter
6. You will see a maximum of 10 users in a table at the bottom of the report. If you wish to email all users in this group, make sure you select to view All items per page
7. Select All users from the middle of the page
8. Select Email to email your selected users
9. A box will pop up allowing you to select the email type to send and the template. In order to clear users down too you will need to select Schedule Notification
You may also choose the Send copy to: option at the top. This will send a separate copy of the email for every time you send a user an email (if you email 5 users, the persons CC'd in the top will receive 5 copies etc).
10. Scroll down the box using the outer scroll bar and make sure you select Clear down training for selected courses? This will ensure the course is completely restarted for those users you have selected to send a Training Notification out for
11. Scroll down to view the Email subject and Email body. These will show the standard template however they can be edited if required
12. Select Send to complete the action and send the training notification out straight away, or Schedule this in for a future date no more than 30 days in advance.